Friday, October 28, 2011

Wash 'n' Wear

Today's Workout: 5.4 miles- 47 mins on the roads with this playlist blasting through my pod.

Usually don't give the deets about my runs because 1. sometimes the times ain't pretty and 2. I have more important stuff to talk about like: halloween! (it's this weekend in case you haven't noticed that candy prices are through the roof and pumpkins are everywhere!) 

Okay, I reuse the same costume every year...get over it. Those things get expensive and if you don't reuse them once a year than you just spent fifty bucks to freeze your half naked butt off for a night with nothing to show for it except a facebook profile picture! Count me out! 

Anyways, this year I obviously requested my mom ship me my "signature" cat ears along with a few other goodies that I plan on getting creative with this year. I can't tell you what I'm being but I can tell you that i'll probably post some photos in the near future! That means you gotta come back, since I base half of my overall happiness on how many blog views I had that day. (jk, sorta!) 

I digress. 

Back to the regularly scheduled blog post, "Wash 'n' Wear". Before I continue I would like to let anyone reading this know that I do shower daily and wear clean underwear. I brush my teeth a lot too! But hey, we all forget to do our laundry every once and a while right? (I hope some people are answering yes to this question, or this is really awkward.) 

I got up this morning at the crack of dawn per usual to get my run in before work. Since all of New England has been freaking out since we got a dusting of snow yesterday, I figured it'd be chilly and I should dress warm. That's when I ran into the problem above...nothing was clean! Whoops! 

At this point I dug in the hamper without thinking and pulled out some running tights that yes, I had already worn. Which brings me to my question, have you ever re-worn your workout clothes? 


I never re-wear sports bras or socks because those can get pretty nasty after a solid sweat-sesh but I'll dry out a pair of shorts or pants and wear them again when times get tough and the dollar sign on my laundry card gets low. Not that I need to recycle my stuff...I have a ton of workout clothes: 


But I do play favorites and I do hate doing laundry! So if i'm feeling lazy or my "cats cache" has been drained then i'll do a poor man's washing routine and just wear 'em again! Nasty? What's a girl to do?




No comments:

Post a Comment