Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tastes of Heaven

I. love. food. Almost all food, but I certainly have my favorites. Sometimes I think it's interesting to think about why certain foods our our favorite? Is it because they remind you of home? Or because it's something you've become accustomed to eating every day? Regardless of why, we've all go 'em. Here's my favorites and some assumptions about why that is.

Chocolate! 
I think I've only met one person in my whole life who openly admitted that he didn't like chocolate at all and I didn't like him anyways! Although i'm totally willing to consume chocolate in almost any form, I'm particularly partial to dark chocolate, and to get a little more specific, I LOVE dark chocolate M&M's. I think I was born with a chocolate obsession and began my love affair with dark chocolate when I found out that it's actually sorta kinda good for you! #winning
Peanut Butter!
Peanut butter is a universal solvent to hunger. Spread it on almost anything and I'd probably eat it. I'm positive that America as a whole loves peanut butter so much because we have and will continue relying on it to create great last-minute meals for the rest of our lives. When you found a PB&J in your lunch box every once in a blue moon, it probably wasn't because your Mom knew everyone was making fun of you for bringing a smelly tuna sandwich for the past week- it was because she had too many glasses of wine last night and throwing together a PB&J was easier than counting out the money for school lunch! Regardless, you can make anything with peanut butter! Sandwiches, desserts, snacks, you name it...and I love every single one of them! 
Tea! 
Nothing like a piping hot cup of tea in the morning while you check your twitter feed! Tea is great for relaxing, waking up (choose a caffeinated version) or curing your cold. I can't go a single day without at least one cup and if that makes me sound like a total granny-so be it! I'm going to credit this obsession to the tea parties I used to beg my dad and my stuffed animals to attend every weekend. 
Hummus! 
I actually have no clue why I like hummus because it looks like something a baby would throw up, but I did work in a greek restaurant that makes their own delicious recipe so I guess that could be it! Regardless, hummus is the ultimate snack food I will never have enough of. Here's my hummus recipe so check it out and have yourself a healthy little bite! 
Sushi! 
I could actually eat every single meal-yup even breakfast at Kaizen Sushi Bar and Grill and never get sick of sushi. Seriously it's the best sushi restaurant I've ever been to and will probably continue to be obsessed with it until i'm disappointed, which i'm hoping will be never. Here's some pictures of their beautiful sushi creations I snagged off their facebook









No comments:

Post a Comment