Thursday, October 20, 2011

Calloween!


I love pretty much everything about halloween and pretty much always have! When I was a little tot my mom used to hand sew our costumes and I'n my opinion, we had the best ones in the whole neighborhood! Nothing beats free candy when you're a little nugget!

Now that we're all a little older, a little more mature, and a little more educated, candy isn't as much of a blessing as it used to be. Eating healthy takes a lot of work and can easily be offset by eating a high sugar snack like candy. Instead of worrying about ruining your diet and having no fun at all over halloween weekend, have your candy and it it too...but in moderation! 

Candy for 100 cals or less:

You can have about 3 Twizzlers for less than 100 cals! 
Only 5 Starbursts make 100 cals! 
13 pieces of Candy Corn make a hundo! 
28 Milk Chocolate M&M's have 100 calories! Ut-oh! (my fave!)
You can have 1 1/2 York Peppermint Patties for about 100 calories! 

2 Mini Twix Bars is 100- yes you heard me, MINI. 
1 1/4 "fun sized" Snickers Bar is a little over 100 cals- that's no fun for me! 

Now that you know how little candy you can eat before hitting a hundred calories aren't you a little grossed out at your childhood habits? Not that I'm knocking Halloween because as I mentioned before, I love it but this just goes to show you how calories can quickly add up-especially over the holidays! 

Even if you're shocked by this post please resist the urge to be that parent handing out bags of pretzels on Halloween night. Just make sure you fam is consuming enough of the good stuff (fruits, veggies and whole grains) to balance out treats like these! 








1 comment:

  1. oooh! this was so helpful! thanks for sharing.

    xo christine
    www.thesehappymiles.com

    ReplyDelete