Sunday, October 23, 2011

Commercial Break Workout

This week is what I have dubbed "exam week". Not sure if my professors do this to torture me or what but it seems that they all like to plan their exams on the same week! Not cool guys! Sometimes I find myself so buried in my books that I forget that there is a world around me and stop taking care of myself. I am vowing not to slide down that slope this week with some quick and easy workout ideas that have been stewing in my head since the last time I allowed "exam week" to be an excuse to let myself go.


I think we all need to stop using a busy schedule as an excuse not to work out, myself included. When your planner starts filling up and the emails start rolling in, its easy to put yourself at the bottom of your to-do list or even skip yourself all together. Here are some quick and easy ways I like to fit in healthy habits when things get too busy for my regular routine:

Commercial Abs
Who doesn't love a quick study break to watch your favorite trashy TV show? Instead of laying in bed after a long day, hit the floor and log in some crunches. Quick, easy and you'll feel tons better about yourself after!
Pinned Image

Run It Out
Running is not only a great workout but it's also as FREE as workouts come. For the price of a pair of training shoes you can run for a few minutes or for 6 miles depending on how much time you have. Pack a pair of shorts in your backpack and wear your sneaks to class and you won't even be able to make an excuse. As I've said before, I'm a huge fan of the mind-clearing benefits that come along with running and really think it's worth giving a shot!
Pinned Image
Walk > Ride
When you're super busy and none of the above are going to work for you, try walking as many places as possible. Walk to class instead of taking the bus, walk your dog instead of creeping on facebook (you're welcome Fido!). Walking is a quick way to get your blood pumping and burn a few extra cals. It's good for your joints and even better for your waistline!
Pinned Image

Weighting Game
Head over to your local sports store or surf the web for a few hand weights. These will be a worthy investment when you can't make it to the gym all week and can hear your muscles begging for a little work out. Look up workout videos that can be done in the comfort of your dorm room and squeeze in a quick body pump for extra energy to power through your last bit of chemistry homework!
Pinned Image
Listen to the Music
Next time you're cleaning your room or just relaxing play some fun tunes and dance like no one is watching! I like a little Flo-rida to get my foot tapping and my whole bod moving!

Stretch
First thing I like to do in the morning is a quick stretching routine to wake myself up and get some blood flowing in my lifeless body! Stretching is known to aid in injury prevention for those weeks when you are working out hard!

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment