Thursday, July 28, 2011

WARNING: Graphic Post

Well it's almost 6 AM and I'm up and about (not really I'm just sitting on the couch). But I am posting to apologize for my lack of posting yesterday due to a a minor procedure that I had done yesterday which kept me from posting.

I was born missing a tooth in my mouth and also missing the bone that would hold a tooth in my mouth. So the procedure consisted of adding bone into my gums as well as inserting a screw-like object into the fake bone so that in about 4-6 months a tooth can be attached. I have to say that despite my severe apprehension, the doctor did an awesome job and everything went very smoothly.

Okay, so I cried at first- you might too if they were about to saw your gums open and put a screw up there but after a few minutes of realizing I wasn't going to feel a thing I calmed down and stopped freaking out.

The aftermath of the surgery (what's happening right now) is probably the toughest part. Yesterday I was on an icing schedule that forced me to ice my mouth every 5 minutes for 15 minute intervals, making it hard to do much of anything but watch Top Chef Masters for the entire day. For obvious reasons, I'm also not allowed to chew anything until my gums are fully healed so I'm left to chose from Jello, applesauce, ice cream, yogurt, pudding and protein shakes. Even then I am on such a heavy does of pain medication that I often feel nauseas and have trouble keeping any food down: Exhibit A occurring last night right before bed. The last embarrassing detail is that I have stitches in between my teeth that at first glance resemble spinach or some other dark leafy vegetable. YIKES.

Hopefully I will have a speedy recovery and I will continue to blog for all of my loyal followers and all this pain will result in a beautiful smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment