Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Coffee Addict's Haul:

When you're as addicted to coffee as I am it's fun to keep things interesting. I have a Keurig brewer (prized possession), which offers many different varieties in their signature K-cup, but it's not easy to pick a brand of K-cup since there are so many. Here are the ones I have tried and what I did and didn't like about them:

Green Mountain Hazelnut:
I love this flavor! If you like hazelnut coffee this is definitely a good pick for you! It's light and not over powering and also really affordable- if you like it enough you can buy it in bulk from wholesale stores like costco or BJ's (@ BJ's- $84 for 106 K-cups!)

Van Houtte French Vanilla:
This flavor get's a B- from me. It's almost too much vanilla to be drinking everyday (even though I'm usually a vanilla fan!) and although I have a full pack to get rid of i'm pretty much sick of it. I bought this flavor at Walmart for about $11 but I probably won't be buying it again. 
Van Houtte Vanilla Hazelnut
#1, A+, FAVORITE FLAVOR! I love this flavor! It's light and fresh and tastes like something I would get from the local coffee house down the street. I teared up a little when I ran out of my sample pack- okay not really but close! This is def a good one to add to your online shopping cart, since I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. Sorta pricey since they don't sell this flavor in bulk but def a good buy!
Timothy's Carmel Vanilla Nut:
Not. a. fan. If you like a nutty coffee, go for it but this flavor personally isn't for me. I had to choke it down and still can't bring myself to drink the rest of the ones from my sample pack! Hopefully a willing house-guest will be able to get rid of them for me. 

Tully's Kona Blend:
Yum yum yum! If you're not a flavored coffee person but enjoy a nice, mild brew this one is for you! One of my favorites! Last year I was able to buy a large quantity at a local wholesale club for cheap but i'm bummed that they aren't carrying this flavor anymore. If anyone finds them anywhere for a good price let me know because I certainly wouldn't be against investing in these again!
Green Mountain French Vanilla Iced Coffee: 
It's summer and the sun is hot so i figured i'd try an iced variety to keep me cool on a hot summer day, but I must have missed some kind of brewing memo because I really can't seem to figure out how these work! The directions tell me that all I have to do is pop in this K-cup, grab a cup of ice and press brew BUT it literally brewed hot coffee into a cup of ice which is what I could have easily done with any of my other varieties. I'm baffled and probably won't be purchasing any iced K-cups until I figure out my mistake or Keurig comes out with different product that's a little more efficient. 

So that's it for my coffee review! Here's a few helpful websites to get you started on your coffee collections: 

No comments:

Post a Comment