Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall Favorites!

Winter needs to GET OUT. Fall is my favorite month of the year and I'm really not looking forward to the frigid temps that winter brings. It's already November! Can you believe it? Pretty soon it's going to be out with the t-shirts and in with the mittens and scarfs!

Here's a totally nerdy post about everything that makes fall so awesome!

1. Piping hot, hot cocoa. 
After a summer of iced coffee there's no better feeling than making the switch to hot beverages. I love 'em all; hot tea, hot coffee and my true fave, hot cocoa.
Yumm-O!
2. Apple picking. 
Pretty bummed that the first snow already came and I didn't even make it to the apple orchard! Thankfully, momma dukes hooked her little girl up with some Brookfield Farm yummies! There's really nothing like a crisp fall apple especially when you've been stuck eating crappy, cheap dining hall apples for the past few months! 
How do you like them apples?

3. Pretty Scenery 
Even though New England loves to throw us some serious weather curve-balls, I think all it's residents forget about all the weather misery once the leaves start changing colors. You really can't beat the scenery here! People travel from all over to catch a glimpse of the chameleon leaves and yet we take it for granted every year. I can't even imagine how weird it must be living in Florida during the fall, those palm trees just don't match up...

4. Football 
Nothing screams fall time like a plate of chicken wings and a Pats game! Football games are a part of fall and regardless of if you're watching the game from your living room or on scene. I'm not even really sure if I actually like the sport of football but being among a bunch of crazed fans chanting and screaming makes it a favorite fall activity! 

P.S. Did I mention my cousin Jill is a Pat's cheerleader?

5. Bundling up!
I really hate working out in the heat and fall means the end of heat strokes keeping me inside! Lookout for me out there on the streets because i'm sure to be jogging around now that cooler weather is here! I love bundling up and heading out for a jog on a cool fall day! 

My sexy old XC teams! RIP





No comments:

Post a Comment