Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ab Work!


Anyone else totally envious of this girl? I'm with ya! I certainly wouldn't mind peeling her abs off and putting them on my body. If there's one thing I lack it's strength, and this girl looks pretty darn strong!
So here's my own personal challenge for myself: Be stronger 
My plan of attack: more core and upper body work 
When I ran cross country in high school (the peak of my running career thus far) we did tons of core work and hit the weight room on the regular. When you've got a strong core and upper body, you have to rely less on your legs to push you through your workouts. The following is my favorite ab routine that can easily be done in the comfort of your dorm/apartment! 

7-minute abs 
1 minute of regular crunches 
1 minute of plank
1 minute of "penguin crunches"
1 minute of regular crunches 
1 minute of plank 
1 minute of "penguin crunches"
1 minute of regular crunches 
Regular Crunch

Plank

"Penguin Crunches"





No comments:

Post a Comment